- On Monday I returned to my old job where I have to take a $20,000 pay cut.
- Tomorrow I have to move house because my landlord sold my apartment. I am moving into another apartment in my block that is not as nice as mine (goodbye walk-in-robe and double shower) and costs more in rent. This involves taking all of my stuff up and down 3 flights of stairs.
- Yesterday I suddenly couldn't walk because of the strain from my plantar fasciitis, I have been limping so bad for the past 6 months that I gave myself a stress fracture and have thrown my hip out of alignment. I now need very expensive orthotics that my healthcare does not cover and I can barely walk.
- My family home is in that little town that Australians may be seeing all over the news right now as being badly flooded. We are outside of the levee system that was built and cannot get access to the property to see what the damage is because we were all away in Byron Bay when they blocked all the roads.
- It is a public holiday here on Monday and I work for a university so we do not get the day off and we do not get paid extra to work.
Woe, is me.
I am a firm believer that happiness does not just come to you, you have to work for it. So I am not going to dwell on these things and instead try and focus on how great it is to be back working with my old team, how moving is a great opportunity to get organised and that soon my foot will be fixed and I can walk pain-free again. Oh and my sister-in-law (see below) just bought me a delicious 'get well limpy' present from koko black.
So while I spend the next few days packing boxes and eating pizza on the floor, here is a photo of me and the bride to keep you entertained.