Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter

A friend gave me an Easter egg 2 weeks ago and I still haven't eaten it. I think that is the longest I have ever had chocolate in the house without eating it. I was saving it for Easter, but I don't even think I will eat it today. Not because I have particularly strong will power, but because I have indulged enough recently...

My flatmate won an Easter egg guessing competition at work and bought home 610 Easter eggs of all shapes and sizes. Great. We had Easter eggs from one end of our lounge room to the other. So on Wednesday and Thursday I sampled just about every kind of Easter egg in the basket. I didn't feel guilty because those were my designated days of relaxed eating. I normally only have 1 day a week of eating what ever I like, but this week I had 2 because it was my flatmates birthday and he has had a rough time lately, so I treated him to a couple of fun days.

Wednesday we had a big creamy pasta lunch and gelati on Lygon st (Melbourne's Italian precinct) and strangely enough we were both too full to finish our second scoop of gelati so we threw it in the bin! That night I cooked a healthy, but yummy, Moroccan lamb casserole with couscous, Turkish bread and hummus. Then on Thursday we both took the day off work and drove up to Ocean Grove (a couple of hours out of Melbourne on the coast) and had fish and chips on the beach. In between all this food I kept myself going on Easter eggs. It was a fun couple of days and I enjoyed every mouthful of fatty goodness!

My flat mate went home to visit his family yesterday and I asked him to take the Easter eggs and not to bring them back. We are both trying to watch our weight, so this prize came at a particularly bad time. A few weeks ago that chocolate would have been the best thing that ever happened to me and I would have eaten it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I just can't continue like that.

I hope everyone has a good Easter and enjoy indulging on chocolate- it only happens once a year!

3 comments:

  1. I did indulge. I indulged in mashed potatoes and ham. Too much of a good thing. Whew! I am glad the food holiday is over. I dread them sometimes. Glad to hear you are swimming. I don't think I will ever get back into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I haven't celebrated Easter at all - the only people that gave me any Easter Eggs is the gym! O_O

    I bought a packet of Cadbury Creme eggs a week ago, and so far I've eaten two. I've also got a Lindt Bunny that I plan on sharing with Sarah-I, but like I said, there was very little actual egg eating on Easter. Yes, I am surprised.

    You sound like you had a good one though! 610 Eggs?! Outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm...chocolate. Though 610 Easter eggs might even make ME tired of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!