Friday, April 26, 2013

Acceptance


It doesn't seem to matter how much weight you lose, for some of us, that body hatred doesn't just go away. I can look at my before and after pictures and see that I have lost a massive amount of weight, yet some days, I still feel like it will never be enough.



Despite losing weight, unfortunately I am not going to magically love my body and let go of the 25+ years of self-loathing. I don't want to hate my body anymore and I wish I didn't hate it before I lost weight too.

I am finding that learning to love my body is something I have to actively work on every day. I am trying to do this by:
  • Eating foods that make me feel energised, satisfied and happy
  • Wearing clothes that make me feel confident and attractive
  • Not weighing myself
  • Exercising to make my body feel stronger and not depleting it of all energy and strength
  • Accepting my body for the way it looks today and not how it could look in the future





Sometimes ice cream helps too...

source

10 comments:

  1. I love this post! It is so true about accepting WHO we are, WHERE we are and loving ourselves. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, but some days it is HARD WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to work to be kind to myself as well! You look fabulous an have accomplished so much.

    Why are we meanest to ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have spent 25 years hating your body, that feeling is not going to change overnight. You will have to retrain your brain. Keep that list handy & look at it often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look fab! Self hatred is a tough thing..I struggle too. Keep being kind to yourself! And def stay away from the scale!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. It's much easier to hate than accept or even love but it is a straight road to unhappiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly think you were pretty before, And now that you are at a more healthy weight, you're in Full bloom. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! You look wonderful! Self love is the hardest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly how you feel. Despite losing 50kg with 10kg to go, I still don't see myself the way others do. I look down and still see fat. In my head, I still see fat. I know I can now shop in 'normal' stores instead of City Chic and Autograph etc, but I feel like a fraud when I walk into them as I still don't feel as though I can fit into their clothes.

    The mind is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not anywhere near my goal as I'm only 6 weeks out from getting sleeved but I just wanted to comment and say that I feel ya on this post. It's amazing how negative we are to ourselves. You look gorgeous. But I know no matter how many times someone else tells you that...if you can't tell yourself that, you won't believe it. Congrats on your success

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!