Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

So I have been at home on the couch feeling sick and sorry for myself for a few days and it is harder then it sounds. All I feel like doing is eating. I am bored and it seems only logical to use food to entertain myself...

So far I have resisted stuffing myself with chips and chocolate cake, but I have been eating more and exercising less then I normally would. I am starting to feel like a sloth. I got up this morning and did a 30 minute Rolling Hills walk on the treadmill, but I felt awful by the end of it. I probably shouldn't have pushed myself, but I can't help but feel guilty for doing nothing.

I forgot how hard it is to be healthy when you are at home all day and don't have a set routine. When I was working I was too busy to procrastinate all day about exercise, I just got up and did it before work. Now I sit here on the couch for 8 hours telling myself I'll do it after Kerrie-Anne, I'll do it after Dr. Phil, I'll do it after Oprah. Until I finally come up with a great excuse as to why I shouldn't do it at all.

All this free time has given me too much time to think as well. I am starting to shit myself about starting this new job. I am wondering whether I got myself in over my head and I am scared I am going to stuff up. Then I start fantasizing about moving to the country and opening up a cupcake shop and living the simple life.

I am also torn about what I should do with my next week off. Apart from Christmas, it could be a long time until I have another break, so I feel like I should make the most of it and just relax. Maybe sun bake in my courtyard, read books and eat whatever I feel like. Then I think I should use this time to focus on diet and exercise before the holiday season. Then today I started to wonder if I should jump on a plane to tropical destination for a few days of pina coladas and pampering.

I know it sounds like I am creating problems out of what is a pretty great situation, what is that saying about idle hands being tools for the devil or something???

3 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like the soundtrack of my life lol, I work from home and watch tv while I work and I put off exercise all day too and then I am too tired at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I know that feeling too! My hands are far too idle... but on some days I am far too busy. Can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are sick, it's probably best to just let it take its course... unless of course it's more like a 'sick and tired' kinda thing haha... (i'm assuming it's the first)...

    And you'll do wonderfully at the new job! They obviously picked you for a reason - and that is because you are awesome! (I know despite all that, that it's hard not to worry, but you will be fine!)

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!