Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting There...

I am starting to make in a dent into my huge Christmas weight gain- I lost another 1.4 kilos this week (3 lbs) to take me down to 104.3 kilos. I won't be happy until I lose those last few kilos I put on and can fit into my work clothes comfortably again.

I think I had a pretty good loss this week, especially considering the pop corn binge I had last weekend. I went to the fancy cinema where pop corn and soft drink are free, so well, I am sure you can guess... I have been exercising more this week, doing weights, using my fitball and getting on the treadmill which has made a difference. I even did an aqua aerobics class with Brooke- which was the only fun part of this whole diet thing!

I must admit though, all in all, it was another tough week on the diet. I am still not feeling very motivated, I am just going through the motions. My new job has been incredibly 'challenging' and it seems to absorb my life at the moment so it is hard to care much about my weighty issue. They all intertwine though because I feel so much more confident at work when I lose weight (and my clothes fit...), so I know it will help my work situation if I keep chipping away at those kilos.

I think things will get easier when I relax a bit, but right now I am being quite strict because I need to get my work clothes to fit me again ASAP. I also have a lot of travel for work and social functions coming up in February, March and April, so I am trying to be good now while I can- the calm before the storm.

I am not being that strict though, I am going to the Yarra Valley again this weekend with my dad and brothers (and their partners) for lunch and a day of wine tasting- a girl has to have some fun!

14 comments:

  1. You are right it is really hard to focus on weight issues when work life is demanding all your attention, but you have done well in spite, so congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss! That's great! I know what you're saying about motivation, except I'm not going through any motions :D

    Don't have too much fun at the wine tasting ;) J/k.

    Be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! You've got goals and a finish line in sight. Keep moving along! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are in control and your weight is reflecting that. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your brilliant loss sweetheart. See you for more aqua fun on Monday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTG on the loss, you seem to be making good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i feel the BEST whenever my clothes fit. it's like if other crap happens but then I put on clothes and find them fitting me perfectly instead of being really tight, i suddenly feel like i'm on top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Go you good thing you! The biggest congrats are to that week of exercise, and trying that aqua class with Brooke! Right on! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might not be that motivated but that loss is awesome!! You go get em tiger!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the loss! And wine tastine? Yum -- have a glass for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go on your loss! That's great. I seem to wrapped up in my college and can't or won't seem to loose any. I'm stressed a lot and that doesn't help. I need to drop some poundage as now that I'm working on my feet, it's killing me and I know the wt is making so much worse.
    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome loss girl... and congrats to you on going swimming at the beach... Not so bad once you start...;o)\

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels good shifting that xmas excess away. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!