Monday, October 08, 2012

More Of My Favourite Things

I get so many food and recipe ideas from reading other blogs so I wanted to share some of my current favourite things that I eat on an almost daily basis. I have these stocked in my desk draw and office fridge at all times to make sure I have good foods for the work day.



Roasted broadbeans are my current obsession and I just bought them in Moroccan flavour too which I can't wait to try. They come in little individual 25 gram bags, which is lucky because they are very more-ish! These really do satisfy the salt craving and are low carb and high protein.
I bought these from the Macro health section at Woolworths


These are what get me through a long work day. I buy this particular mix because there is no dried fruit because, as yummy as dried fruit is, it is not good for my insulin. I take a small handful out of the bag and then re-seal it so I don't pick at them all afternoon.
These can be purchased from most supermarkets


Fibre-- a necessary evil after lap band surgery. This is a mix of oat bran, linseed, psyllium seeds and psyllium husks. I mix 3 teaspoons of this with my yoghurt every day for breakfast (it doesn't exactly improve the taste, but it is bearable). I also want to buy some chia seeds to add to the mix after Cat suggested it had helped her. 
I bought these from the Macro health section at Woolworths


This is the yoghurt I have everyday for breakfast. It not only tastes creamy and delicious, but it is one of the only yoghurts that isn't full of carbs and fake sugars so it tastes real. It ticks all the boxes, high protein, low carb, low calorie and yummy.
These are only available at my local Woolworths, not at my Coles


These cheese sticks are my 'on the go' snack. I just pop one in my handbag for when I have to eat on my way out and I want to make sure it will be satisfying and not something that will get stuck in my lap band. I do tend to look strange when I sit on the tram eating my cheese stick though...
These can be purchased from most supermarkets


Sirena is my favourite of all the tinned tuna on the market. Once I tried this brand I couldn't go back to the cheaper ones, which is so annoying because it certainly is not cheap! It is worth it for me because I eat the tuna on it's own for lunch most days so I want to make sure it tastes great.
These can be purchased from most supermarkets
 
 
 
Have you tried any of these products, what do you think?
 
Do you have any great products that you can't live without either, please share!
 
My last list of favourite things is here.

2 comments:

  1. Roasted broad beans - who would have thunk!!! I so want to try them! Love the bega - we get the slices - that would look funnier eating on the go!!! LOL! I'm going to try your gentle fibre!!!

    I've got too many can't live withouts at the moment!!! LOL I think I'd better do a post!!

    PS the chai sees made me gurgle til my body adjusted to them :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for the Bega Stringers and people always look at me funny too as they associate a cheese stick with kids. Sirena with the Basil or Dill is my fave - its worth the extra $.

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!