It is the time of year when we look back on the ups and downs of 2009. I stole this from Amanda because I thought it was a good way to sum up the year.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I got my shit together for the first time ever.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes I did for the most part, I won't be making new resolutions, just keeping the same ones going.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my good friend (and old boss) gave birth to this adorable bub.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God and that is the single best thing about 2009.
5. What countries did you visit?
I travelled a lot around Australia and also went to New Zealand and the UK. It was all for work and so not very exciting.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Self confidence and less anxiety.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Friday 22nd May- the date of my lap band surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 30 kilos and paying off my credit card.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No one big thing, but I am not always the kind of person I strive to be.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I hurt my knee and hamstring because I tried to do too much exercise before I was ready, which I regret because it really holds me back now.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A ticket to... well more about that later...
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tough one, I really can't think of one single person. I guess anyone that tries to make the world a better place. Oh, and the Geelong football club for winning the grand final!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ummm, can't really say that here. It involves someone from work.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off my credit card debt and my lap band surgery.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All the good things that are going to happen in 2010. Stay tuned!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Even though it is an older song, I will remember Stronger by Kanye West because it got me through my boring gym sessions.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner
(c) Richer or Poorer? Poorer? Richer
Wow, first time I can ever say that, I hope I can say the same at the end of 2010.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009?
In a cheap motel...
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, I love TV... 30 Rock, Entourage, Gossip Girl, The Soup, Ruby, Masterchef and re-runs of Roseanne. Also, pretty much any reality TV show that included Tori Spelling, the Kardashians, Kendra, Lorenzo Lamas, Scott Baio, The Real Housewives and anything to do with The Hills.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, don't think I hate anyone. A lot of people I don't like to be around though...
25. What was the best book you read?
Well, did you see how much TV I watch, it doesn't leave much time for reading... I did enjoy One For The Road: Travelling America In Pursuit Of Happiness
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I very much like Kate Miller Heidke's new CD.
27. What did you want and get?
My life back.
28. What did you want and not get?
My drivers licence, that was due to my own fear and laziness. Sigh.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Revolutionary Road. Loved it.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29 on 23rd December and I shopped, I swam, I ate Greek food on Southbank, Asian food at Gingerboy and chocolate from Koko Black. I drank beer and cocktails on a balmy hot night and slept in the air conditioned comfort of the Grand Hyatt.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being fat, broke, hating my job and living in the suburbs would have been nice, but I am working on all that.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I was really broke, so my goal was not to buy new clothes, which was not a very good 'fashion concept'!
33. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, reading blogs, watching trashy TV and going to the gym. Wine and chocolate also helped too, but that goes without saying.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have a bit of a think for Ryan Reynolds. I don't usually lust after celebrities, but he gets me hot.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well, I have kind of been self involved this year and I really couldn't say I gave much of a shit about much else. Unless you think people not cleaning the machines at the gym after using them is a political issue... it gets me fucking riled up.
36. Who did you miss?
My brothers and their girlfriends because they are all overseas.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I couldn't single any one person out, I've met lots of awesome chicks this year- lots through blogging.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
If you don't look out for yourself, no one else will.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Just dance, gonna be okay.
40. What are your resolutions for 2010?
Keep on trucking along and don't fuck it up.