Friday, March 05, 2010

My Body Is A Onderland

I was reading Girl Bandit's blog the other day and she posted that she had hit onderland 'Aussie Style' at 90.6 kilos, which made me realise, that I must be about there too. Obviously I have never used pounds as a weight measurement because we use kilos in Australia and so pounds don't mean much to me, but who am I to miss a reason to celebrate?

I jumped on the scale to see 90.1 kilos and then got out my calculator to do the math and I am now officially in onderland too at 198.2 lbs! I stupidly told AJ and he has been teasing me non-stop for using the word 'onderland', I must read way too many blogs and I forgot that to non-weight loss bloggers, it is kind of an odd thing to say. Just like the time I used the word 'bandit' when referring to having a lap band and he teases mercilessly about that too...

Oh and yes, you may have noticed I have had a 2 kilo drop in weight this week since I weighed in on Monday. I have got to learn to stop being so dramatic when my weight doesn't move and trust that if I am doing the right thing, the scales will move... eventually...

12 comments:

  1. Nice work! I agree any reason for a celebration is reason enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's always the way, you see a drop right after a weigh in so you can't post it until next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - congratulations! I was just looking at your progress - you have done amazing!!!

    Nice to meet some more Aussie's who have had a lapband :-)

    (nerolid)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO HOO!

    I've been just across the border for over a month now... hoping to get my visa for Onederland soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scales shouldn't tease us like that, but well done on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone, I feel the same way when the scales don't shift one week and then one to two weeks later I'll drop 2-3 kilos. Weight loss is such a fickle thing. Keep up the good work, it's paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, that is soooo awesome sweetie!

    I thought words like 'bandit' and 'onederland' were hilarious when I first started reading the blogs/forums, too, but now I find myself using them... embarrassing!

    Hope your moving went ok... not long to go now! So exciting!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Wanted to let you know I gave you the sunshine blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tully, do you realise you are nearly in the 80's? NEARLY IN THE 80's! YAY!

    What a difference a year makes. This is a really lifting post. Thanks. You've made my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay congratulations! You're doing amazingly and looking absolutely fabulous.

    I'm all for celebrating every which way of benchmark there is, whether it's a measurement I use or not.

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!