Friday, October 28, 2011

The Truth About Low Carb


Source
You can bet that any time my jeans get a little snug (or even split at the seams) I start buying eggs in bulk. I just can't help but go back to low carb eating to rid myself of those extra kilos... no matter how many times I try and fail with it! It is like an abusive relationship that keeps promising that we can make it work... if we just try harder...

Things I have learned from eating low carb… the good and the bad!
  • I can lose a phenomenal amount of weight if I follow a low carb eating plan
  • I need carbs to fuel my body and it doesn’t like to get out of bed in the morning without them
  • If you write ‘low carb’ on a product it will cost you 3 times as much money
  • Fat doesn’t make you fat
  • Life isn't worth living without ice cream 
  • Wine is low carb- thank god!
  • Fibre is your friend
  • Ketosis makes your breath smell
  • Low carb food substitutes are NO substitute!
  • Sugar withdrawals cause massive headaches
  • If you tell someone you are eating low carb they will give you a really boring lecture about how unhealthy it is to eat that way
  • Bacon is amazing
Most importantly…
  • Do not underestimate the warnings on low carb bars that state ‘May cause laxative effect’!!!
Source

2 comments:

  1. Your list made me nod and smile. So true - all of it!

    Low carb is what kickstarted my last weight loss streak. If it slows again, I will no doubt LC it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low carb is SO tempting to follow as a dieter, but I'm the same - I have no energy and frankly, life without carbs is no life at all. I have to limit the amount of carbs I eat at one sitting (cos I have PCOS) and I try to limit my consumption of complex carbs but there's no way I can sustain a real low carb diet for any length of time

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!