Thursday, May 03, 2012

Quick Wins

This losing weight business never gets easy. I tend to beat myself up a lot for my slip-ups and wonder why I can't just get things right. Obviously we all know what we need to do to lose weight, but our evil little minds seem to want to conspire against us. Also, let's face it, ice cream and pizza are awesome.

So while I am constantly scolding myself for eating the wrong things... I am proud that I manage to get some things right. It's great to have those quick wins so at the end of the day you know that you ticked some of the right boxes.

My work days are normally pretty good. I have a bit of a rule for myself that I do not spend money on food or drinks at work so I bring my breakfast and lunch in every day. Every morning when I get to work I have a cup of tea and oatmeal. This is my favourite meal of the day and I would probably eat oatmeal for every meal of every day if I could. Actually I did eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner the other day...

Then for lunch I have a soy and linseed sandwich thin and a can of tuna in oil, which I wash down with a can of Pepsi Max. I really enjoy this lunch and I have it pretty much every day and, most importantly, it takes no preparation! Throughout the day I drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water-- mostly to stop me from snacking. By late afternoon I am so hungry I want to eat my own arm, so I'll eat a small handful of nut and seed mix to tide me over until I get home.

So these are my quick win meals that I get right pretty much every day. I do feel good that I eat pretty well most days and it really isn't an effort at all. Unfortunately the evenings and the weekends are not so easy... but this is supposed to be a positive post so I won't even get started on those little problems...





5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're not eating anywhere near enough throughout the day - if you're that hungry by the afternoon then of course you're going to overeat when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having similar problems... would be really good all day and during the week but nights and weekends were my downfall. Now I try to integrate an indulgence to my lunch... and then stay on track in the evening. It definitely helps!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. It's hard isn't it? When our minds are occupied on important things, like work, eating just happens. But, as soon as we have little to do, our minds need to think about fat food. Maybe we need to work 7 days a week?

    Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your blog so much and love reading your posts. I wonder if you have ever read the Beck Diet Solution? Its written by a cognative therapist and does not give you a diet to follow, but the mental tools to help you follow the diet you have chosen and it really helped me reframe my thoughs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ oatmeal for breaky, lunch & dinner! Your day time eating sounds just fine to me!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!