Monday, February 25, 2008

Finally...



In case you can't see from the grainy photo, last Friday I weighed 99.5 kilos and finally broke the 100 kilo barrier for the first time in 3 and a half years. In the past 10 years I have broken the 100 kilos 3 times, but each time it has been for less then a month before I gained the weight back (and an extra 25 kilos or so). I know I won't gain it back again this time because everything about me and how I have done this is different.

I have always said that when I get under 100 kilos it makes all the difference and guess what, on Friday 2 of my friends commented on my weight loss and on Saturday I had more comments from family. Up until now I have barely had one person notice my weight loss (despite losing 29 kilos to date) and now all of a sudden everyone is asking me if I have lost weight.

I must admit I am really thrilled to have reached this milestone and I am walking with my head held a little higher and a swagger in my step this week.

19 comments:

  1. Well done Tully! Breaking into the double digits is a big achievement! Congrats babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done i cant wait to get under 100 again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeehaa girl! Welldone on reaching such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! That's fantastic, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job chica! What a great milestone to reach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm SO thrilled for you! (seriously, you just made my entire week)

    What just reward for all of your hard work, effort and struggle. Congratulations, you gorgeous girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, that's such an awesome effort. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic! Congratulations and well done to you. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TULLY!!! You desere it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Tully!!! I need to get my buns in gear and get going too. Then we can break the 200 pound barrier once and for all....I seem to get there and gain some back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOHOO!!!! I am so utterly thrilled for you, gorgeous girl! HOORAY! Enjoy every moment of basking in the glow of the double digits, you deserve it!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you should!! Congrats on the new (and lower number)! Keep up all your hard work! You deserve every compliment...

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all congrats! And I so hope that swagger stays with you for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the U.S. so I had to Google a converter to find out how much under 100 is...hahaha...Congratulations!!! I have visited a couple of times before, but got the Congratulatory e-mail about you from 'Marshmallow' :) and had to come and add my congrats to you!!! You're doing fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations!!!! all that hard work did pay off! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Tully, that's a tremendous achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS! I cant wait to make a post like this too. You must be feeling wonderful :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!