Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Afternoon Thoughts

My phantom pregnancy seems to be continuing. I only just started taking the tram to work again a couple of weeks ago and already twice I have had men offer me their seat. Once someone even offered me their seat at the tram stop when we weren't even on a moving object yet. So now when I get on the tram I have to suck my stomach in so hard that it hurts, but it must be good exercise maybe?

***

I am embarrassed to admit that the last time I bought new underwear was 35 kilos ago. Underwear is expensive and I need to worry more about what I look like on the outside, but I know, it's shameful. This was highlighted the other day at work when I happened to look down at my chest and I could see my own nipple. Between the baggy bra and the baggy dress I was wearing, my poor old nipple was offered no protection. I mean it wasn't completely obvious, you had to be at the right angle to see it, but it was still horrifying. You would think I would have got the hint when both my breasts actually fell out of my bra while trying to do a push-up at the gym the other day, but no, it took coming face-to-face with my nipple at work for me to realise it's time to go bra shopping.

***

I just cannot get my head to recognise that I weigh in the 70's. I am constantly thinking to myself "It would be great to see 98 kilos on the scale" and then have to back track and remember I want to see 78 kilos. I told AJ the other day that I weighed 99 kilos and he looked at me funny and said that he thinks I might be mistaken. It's obviously not a problem, just another weird mental side effect of losing weight. Hopefully I will hurry up and get into the 60's and never have to worry about the 70's again. If I do ever see a number on the scales starting with a 6, I could possibly faint.

4 comments:

  1. men offer to give up their seats for women they find attractive. they see it as chivalrous. it happens on the train all the time (not to me yet LOL) so enjoy your seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing, men offering up their seats for a pretty lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be sucking my stomach in, I'd be popping on maternity tops for my commute home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bras: Bendon Outlet on Smith St darling. They are LOVELY there. Go on, off you go x

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!