Thursday, December 08, 2011

Getting Shit Done

Source
Going to work can occasionally be useful because yesterday I heard about this great website at a seminar that I attended. It is called iDoneThis and is a great way to motivate yourself to get things done and keep track of your achievements. Everyday it sends you an email asking you what you did today and you just reply to it and it will update your information in a calendar for you.

There are heaps of uses for a tool like this, but I am using it to track my workouts. It'll be a great way to reflect at the end of each month and see if I am working out as much as I think I am and get a reality check. I'll be sure to bore you senseless by posting my monthly calendar of workouts!

Here is the email I received today...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there. Take 30 seconds to write out what you got done today.
Today is day zero. Clean slate.
But remember the ancient wisdom -- a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single email.

Don't forget.
Just reply to our email to make an entry.
And put each thing you did on its own line
like
this.
iDoneThis is a part of the slow web movement. After you email us, your calendar is not updated instantaneously. But rest up, and you'll find an updated calendar when you wake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only just started to use it, let me know if you're using it and if you find it motivational. So far I have already logged my 2 gym workouts for the week, hopefully there will be many more to come!

PS- I hope this doesn't sound like a sales pitch because I have had it up to here with reading blogs flogging crap lately. Strangely enough it isn't so much the weight loss blogs I read, but the food, fashion and mummy blogs (not that I read many mummy blogs!) that are constantly posting boring reviews of crap they got for free. What is more irritating is that it isn't just one review, about 5 different bloggers will all have received the same free thing or invitation to an event and you get the joy of reading about it multiple times. I can't believe bloggers think we want to read a whole post about the can of instant coffee they received in the mail. Have they lost their minds?

1 comment:

  1. What a great site - I think I might sign up for it and use it to track what I am doing exercise wise and food wise if it can pick that up too.

    I'm with you on reading reviews by bloggers about products that I wouldn't use anyway. I'm trying to cut down on the number of blogs I actually follow to only be ones that are relevant to me or funny enough to keep me coming back to read more !

    Have a great day - love, hugs and positive energy !

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!