Tuesday, May 01, 2007

-4.5 kilos!!!

I weighed myself today for the first time in 7 weeks and registered a 4.5 kilo loss. Of course I know this is great and I should be really happy, and I am... but I couldn't help but hope for more.

My plan was to weigh myself on the first day of every month, but I might go back to a weekly weigh in. I just built too many unrealistic expectations around the monthly weigh in, so if I go back to weekly I can keep tabs on myself and my un-realistic expectations.

So my current (naked, first thing in the morning) weight is 113 kilos. I was hoping to be 105 kilos by June 1st for my dad's birthday weekend away. That is clearly not going to happen unless I amputate my leg. My new aim will be to be under 110 kilos, I should be able to at least achieve that.

I just hope that I can blast away another kilo this week because I really hate that number 113, I will be much happier with 112 or even 112.5. God I just can't wait to get 110, I am so sick of seeing these numbers over and over again. I want to get into some fresh numbers that I haven't seen in years.

10 comments:

  1. YAY!! Go you that is a massive loss .... 4.5 kilos!! You must be over the moon!! ..... You are in the right headspace .... Go blast that number!! You know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading your blog, and I just wanted to say Congrats! That is a great accomplishment!
    I found that after the weight came off a little easier in the beginning, it was hard to accept a slower progress later on. But unfortunately I am still addicted to the scale, so everyday I hope to see a different (lower) number. Haha.. anyways, just wanted to wish you good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I am Marshmallow, I give you... THE MATHS.

    4.5kg / 7 weeks = 0.64kg per week ~0.5kg per week = SAFE, PERMANENT loss.

    Seriously Tully - if you had lost 15kg in 7 weeks, how would you have reacted? Would you have been like, "YAAAAAY!" or would you have been like, "Dude... that can't be right... something's strange about this number..." The rate at which you have lost is brilliant. You really can say that those 4.5 kilos are gone forever. Whereas those 15 kilos? They would've been back just as fast as they came.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! You should be super proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowowowowo! Good for you - those are great numbers!! Keep it up - I have started with the weekly weigh in as well - I like to keep myself in check! Take care - keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    Thanks for your kind comment over at my blog :-)

    I am working through your blog from start to finish so I hope to catch up to speed pretty soon!

    Well done on the weight loss for this week! That's brilliant.

    All the best for the week ahead!

    Lins xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW< what an awesome loss, you clever girl!!! Keep it up and I bet in just a day or two you will no longer be 113 !!! You can do it, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the big loss! Please don't amputate your leg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I both! I am so sick of seeing my numbers going up. We have to hang in there though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super proud of you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!