The gorgeous Cara from The Dash posted this bandster quiz on her blog, so I thought I'd do the same. If you're banded and you do the quiz too, let me know because I'd love to take a look!
1. How long have you been banded?
5 months and 25 days exactly
2. What was your highest pre-band weight? / Current weight now?
My highest weight was 129.7 kilos (285 lbs)
My current weight is 100 kilos (220 lbs)
3. What is your best "go-to" food to get in your protein?
Um, I don't normally worry too much about eating protein, but I guess I would say eggs or fish.
4. What is your favorite protein brand/shake?
Coffee flavoured Optifast- but using the word 'favourite' is quite a stretch...
5. What food do you miss the most now being post-band?
I can pretty much eat everything I could before I was banded. I haven't tried steak, but I rarely ate it anyway. I love food too much to have my band tight enough to stop me eating anything I love.
6. What is your favorite "mushy" food?
Mashed potato with gravy.
7. What was your worst PB experience?
Twice now while I was enjoying a nice meal with family and friends in very nice restaurants I have had things get stuck, which really upsets me to be causing a fuss while everyone is trying to have a nice time. I hate that people feel bad for me and awkward about the whole thing.
8. What has been the hardest part of this journey so far for you?
Not being able to eat when I want to is very tough for an emotional eater.
9. What is your best NSV to date?
Picking up a cute size 16 dress from Target a couple of weeks ago for only $20. I don't usually get a bargain when I am shopping and certainly not anything in a size 16! Disclaimer: It was stretchy and a 'big' size 16.
10. What is your top non-weight goal for your band?
To be able to wear clothes from normal shops and to be able to run 5km.
11. What is your goal weight or size?
I have never been skinny, so I'm not sure. Sometimes I think 65 kilos would be good, but 55-60 kilos would be better for my height. I will be happy when I feel fit and healthy though.
12. What band "rule" do you live by (i.e. don't cheat on)?
Eating 2 small meals a day with no snacks, but I couldn't say I am 100% perfect with this, we all have our moments!
13. What band "rule" do you not follow as much or aren't so good at?
I was never given any rules (or advice really) to follow, so not sure what rules I am breaking. Maybe that I am not getting enough fill in my band to give me restriction, I prefer to keep it looser than it should be.
14. What is your goal "reward"?
My health and happiness- I know it is corny, but it is really true. Maybe I'll splurge on a killer outfit, champagne and weekend away too of course!
15. In the spirit of Thanksgiving being right around the corner (US), what are you most thankful for, post-band?
That I have lost almost 30 kilos (66 lbs) and re-gained my life. I also know that life will just keep getting better from here on.