Thursday, November 05, 2009

Life's Sweet

Things have been good with me lately. I feel weirdly happy for no reason and that happy feeling just won't go away.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my body and mind. I don't feel scared of life anymore and I suddenly feel like I have a lot to look forward to again.

I look forward to every part of my life right now... even the mundane...

~ talking with friends & family
~ busting a move at the gym
~ soaking up the sun on my lunch break
~ work (seriously)
~ reading blogs in bed
~ watching my favourite TV shows
~ cooking delicious food
~ walks around the lake
~ grooving to my ipod
~ eating juicy summer fruits

Everything seems sweeter when you feel good about yourself.

OK, so I will never be the kind of person who is chirpy and positive about everything. A healthy amount of cynicism and sarcasm can be good-- otherwise no one would want to be around me! But I have to say, this is the best I have felt in years.

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post! Glad to hear that all is going well for you - you deserve to be this happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! This was a lovely post, it made me smile :) Glad everything is going well at the moment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent you are feeling this way :) Isn't it nice when we are in a great frame of mind? I think it will rub off on other things too. Have a lovely weekend (well, after tomorrow.. being Friday lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to read this post :-))) So glad for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Your post also made me smile... glad everything is going good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you. I'm looking forward to tasting a bit of the sweet life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so good. I wish I was in that mindset right now. :) So glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to hear your feeling great. Keep that feeling going. Take care and have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to be in a positive mindset!

    Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Proud of you hun. Very inspiring post x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really motivating post; it recognizes the power and importance of self-love = happiness. I think of all the time I spent hating my fat and how wasteful that was. When you take off the weight, you begin to live in the sphere of self-love and that just transfers over to so many parts of life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy dance! you don't have to be happy happy joy joy all the time, but it is nice to hear/see you lovin' your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome post I am so happy to see you happy

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!