Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hmmm, No Loss Yet...

I weighed in on Monday morning and was surprised/disappointed to see that there was no change in the numbers. In 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight. I know I haven't been perfect, but I have been exercising and eating healthy most of the time. There was that pizza on Saturday night, but I swear there was barely any cheese on it...

I guess I should be pleased that I haven't gained, but I was really hoping for at least a half a kilo weight loss. I was trying to have a more relaxed approach to weight loss this year, but I am not sure if it is going to work out for me. Maybe I do need to be stricter and work out harder?

I am not going to get too upset because I am aiming for a long term change in my diet and exercise. This is about health and fitness, not quick results. Over the past 26 years I have forged some pretty disgusting eating habits and I can't expect things to change in 2 weeks. I just never realised that slow and steady would be so hard!!!

Ok, well I am going to go and watch the Golden Globes and marvel over how skinny all the women are and how beautiful their dresses are while I eat my Weight Watchers cookies and cream ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Slow and steady is pretty damn hard, and its important that you don't get impatient. 2 weeks compared to... say... 300 weeks is NOTHING. In fact, its highly likely that your body hasn't even taken on the changes yet.

    KEEP IT UP, all right? Don't lose hope, you have to be in this for the long haul!

    And as for working harder - there is a fine line between working harder and pushing yourself. Perhaps you need to push yourself, rather than 'work harder' (some people set themselves unreasonable goals when trying to 'work harder')

    Gah, didn't mean to ramble! O_O Take care, all right? *HUGZ*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very right Marshy. I have a long way ahead of me, so I need to just take a breath and slow down. I could definitely take a leaf out of your book. You have made significant changes to your body, health and life in a slow, steady and healthy manner!

    BTW- It is so cool how you can link things like you did with "300 weeks", you need to show me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!