Monday, January 01, 2007

I Guess This Is It...

Welcome to 2007!

I don't think I have ever written a list of New Years Resolutions- apart from the obligatory vow to lose weight. This is more a list of goals I want to achieve rather then resolutions, but really I am splitting hairs here aren't I?! I have been thinking for a couple of months now about the things I want to achieve in 2007, so I have written them down to remind me of my goals and to make me more accountable:

Health & Fitness goals for 2007...
  • Maintain 2006 weight loss
  • Be under 100 kilo's by 1st June
  • Be under 90 kilo's by 31st December
  • Do yoga classes at work
  • Start swimming
  • Walk to and from work every day
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every morning before work

Other Goals for 2007...
  • Learn to drive
  • Get passport
  • Go on an overseas holiday
  • Save money
  • Complete Masters degree
  • Learn to speak Japanese
  • Do volunteer work
  • Continue to be fulfilled and challenged at work

The main thing that I hope will be part of every single one of these goals is being happy and enjoying life. I haven't set overly high weight loss goals because I have learnt from many a fad diet that setting unrealistic goals don't work for me. The higher the goals I set, the more I stress out and the more I stress out, the more I eat. I want to be able to go out and have drinks with friends, go to work lunches, enjoy my mum's roast beef and watch the occasional DVD while devouring a block of chocolate and not feel like a failure. I think the key to my weight loss will be doing the best I can, when I can and having a bit fun as well.

I weighed in this morning and I have now filled in my stats, take a look now because that number won't be there for long! Well hopefully anyway because it makes me feel fatter just looking at it! I had a total gain of 4 kilo's over the Christmas period, which to be honest, I am not that upset with. I have been known to eat a big meal and put on 3 kilo's, so 4 kilo's for 10 days of non stop eating is not that bad and my eating was very dismal i.e. chocolate for breakfast. I am really looking forward to getting those first few kilo's off because I am feeling incredibly bloated and puffy. I wonder if any of my work clothes will fit me tomorrow when I go back to work? I might have to wear my stretch black pants...

1 comment:

  1. Those are fantastic resolutions, Tully. I'm with you on setting goals that seem 'out of reach' - in fact, one of the best things I've done in 2006 which has fuelled my weight-loss-stamina (if there is such a thing) is shortening my short term goals. Bringing them down from 5kg to 2kg has probably been one of the best things I've done - and it sounds like you'll benefit greatly from the same approach.

    And wow, look at all your other goals! You're going to be one busy chicka this year :-D (Better to be busy than to be bored, I say) - I think the main non-weight-loss thing that I want to do this year is to find a job. *gulp* Its gonna be hard after being a student for so long.

    Look forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!