Monday, January 08, 2007

Trying Something New

I must admit that the first week of this healthy eating plan has not been going so well... I have the usual excuses, but that's all they are- excuses.

As I mentioned in my last post, I like a plan. I like being organised and it makes me feel secure when I have a plan to follow. Unfortunately life doesn't seem to follow plans, so I am going to try and take it easy and 'go with the flow' as they say. I figure if I keep my exercise up and eat as healthy as I can when I can, then that will be enough for now.

I had some bad news this week about a sick family friend and it just made me think about how I treat my body and that I want to do better. I feel like I want to feed my body with good food and actually nourish it, rather then just fill it with the rubbish that I normally do.

Generally when I start a diet I go full steam ahead and want to lose as much weight as possible, as soon as possible- this is normally achieved by starving myself. Surprisingly, this hasn't worked... I have failed on so many diets in the past, that it might be time to start doing the opposite of what I normally do. Who knows, it might just work. Like the quote goes...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tully, I'm so sad to hear about your family friend - I hope they are feeling comfortable and are not in too much pain.

    By the way, have you checked out Sparkpeople? It might be of help to you (if you're not going to continue on with your liquid diet, that is) in your planning. [If you register, say that Mmmarshmallow referred you!]

    *HUGZ*

    ReplyDelete

Awww thanks so much for the comment!